Previous ... surely we often hear the words "signal" ...
Actually what's the signal?
In electrical engineering, information engineering and control engineering, signal is defined as the magnitude of change in time or in space, and bring some information (wikipedia.org) and signal known as the two types, namely the analog signals and digital signals.
What is exactly is meant by digital signals and analog signals?
Generally didefinisakan analog signal as the signal waveform data in a continue (ongoing), which carry information by changing the characteristics of waves. The two most important characteristics possessed by the analog signal is amplitude and frequency. Analog signaling is usually expressed by a sine wave, sine wave given is basic to all forms of analog signals.
By using an analog signal, then the data transmission range can reach great distances, but the signal is easily affected by noise. Wave at the analog signal that is generally shaped sine wave has three basic variables, namely amplitude, frequency and phase.
· The amplitude is a measure of high and low voltage analog signals.
Frequency is the number of analog signal waveform in seconds.
· Phase angle is greater than the analog signal at a given time (multiple sources).
Furthermore, the digital signal. digital signal is a data signal in the form of pulses that can undergo sudden changes and has magnitude 0 and 1. Digital signal has only two states, namely 0 and 1, so it is not easily affected by noise, the information process was easy, fast and accurate. but the transmission of digital signals only achieve data transmission range is relatively close. Usually this signal is also known as discrete signals.
This digital signal has a range of unique features that can not be found on analog technology, namely:
* Ability to send information at the speed of light that can make the information can be sent at high speed.
* The use of repeated - again against the information does not affect the quality and quantity informsi itself.
* Information can be easily processed and modified into various shapes.
* Can process the information in very large numbers and send them interactively.
The advantages of digital information is compressed and transferred separately to ease other electronic media. Excess is optimally utilized by Internet technology, for example by putting it into a website or generally referred to her - the upload. This way is called online in the cyber world.